So I was @ 2Peas today which is rare since I don't visit as much, but anyway I have decided to participate in a blog challenge. I should have been paying attention to this since it will help my blog.
Challenge: Thanksgiving is just around the corner. Share:
1. A childhood Thanksgiving memory.
2. A family Thanksgiving tradition.
3. Five things you're thankful for...besides family, friends and health.
Give it some serious thought and be specific.
1. A childhood Thanksgiving memory I want to share would be my first one. I grew up in the Philippines and only got to the USofA on May 1,1991. Yes folks I am an immigrant. I was 12 years old when I got here and did not speak a lick of English besides "Yes" and "No". I remember going to my Auntie Lydia's house and wondering what is up with all the food. I saw a big all chicken and was amazed at how big it was. I had never seen such a huge chicken in my life. They later told me it was a Turkey, although I still didn't understand what a turkey was since it look exactly like a chicken. They did do any kind of traditional Thanksgiving thing just a get together and eating great food. Alot of it! I loved Thanksgiving I had never eaten so much in my live and it was encouraged. I thought that was awesome.
2. We don't really have a tradition in the family. Only that we figured out who is doing what and where would the food be. In other words we get together to eat that's it. They do not go around telling each other what we are thankful for or whatever. We just eat, talk, yell, eat some more, wrap to go plates, make kids clean up and go home. Until next year.
3. I am thankful for being able to do the things I enjoy. My husband supports me with Scrapbooking no matter how tight our money is. He enjoys seeing me create and be involve in things. He is such a great husband for letting me be me and be able to express myself through my art and truly appreciate it. I cannot see myself with anyone else and would not dare to think how it would be if it wasn't him and that person does not like what I do or love.
I am thankful for the opportunity to be here in the US. Otherwise I don't know how my life would be if I didn't get to come here and stay in the Philippines. There was always this thing inside of me that told me it will all be ok and that there is something better out there for me waiting. I truly believe that and kept the faith and here I am. No matter how bad or tight I think our situations is (financially)I know it could be worse, way worse so I am always thankful for that and tell my hubby we have way more that alot of other people out there and to not take it for granted.
I am thankful for having the courage to create a different life for myself no matter how hard it was to walk away from my family and friends. It is hard to stop a pattern that has been going on in our family as far as emotional and lifestyle. I am very proud of that. I am a very different person from who I was before being with my husband. I always say a thank you to him and God for giving me the life that I have now.
I am thankful for everything that has happened in my life bad or good., Becuz if not for the things that happened in my life I would not be the person I am today. Strong and a survivor with anything that comes my way. God has truly blessed me in every way possible and I dont ever take it for granted.
I hope that you all share a little bit of who you are if you decide to do this challenge. I hope that you learned a little bit about me with this few questions that I answered and I am happy to share a little bit of me. Like a famous person said: " I am an onion, I've got layers". Shrek