Saturday, June 5, 2010

AWAY WE GO!

In a JAM? card

The very first time I saw this line I knew I was gonna make this card. I had pictured it in my head and just could not wait to make it. Being that I am from California I know too well what a traffic jam is and so I wanted it to look a freeway traffic jam. What ya think? Well I think it turned out great. I really like that the cars look like they are trying to weeve in and out and just driving with a purpose. Hehehehehe just no ROAD RAGE! I borrowed a couple of clouds from another line to complete the look.
Summer '09 Knott's Berry Farm Vacation Pic Mini Album
I am so so proud of how this mini turned out. I used tons of Tattered Angels Mist and mask and hand cutting and layering. There's tons of pics so be ready. I have not had the chance to scrap our vacation pics from last summer and when I saw this Away We Go line I knew it was perfect.
I wanted the front page to be very simple but you knew right away what it was gonna be about. Layered the sign Route 66 and journaling spot for my tittle of the mini book and nothing else. The mask of the tree and the road cut out strip just completed..nothing else needed. ;)
The inside pages are a different story though! I wanted it to be full of details and cut outs and just fun. Usually when people make mini album they keep the pics black and white to match them perfectly with their papers. But this line was so perfect that I opted to keep my picture as is. I love that it was colorful and I tend to not change my pictures anyway. I love seeing all the details and remember all the colors. Besides two pics that I turned to sepia that is all that was change as far as my pics go.
I know I am weird like that, but I know a lot of people that have tons of pictures already printed in color from way before we had our fancy smancy cameras and editing soft wares. So PLEASE do not be afraid to use them, I do....so can you! With the economy being what it is, not all of us have the funds to constantly print amazing pictures in different shades of colors. Use what you have, you will be grateful you get to scrap old pics that are needing some of your time and luvin. I made the commitment of doing that and so happy to get a dent in my hoard of old pics.
Here are some detailed pics of these pages!

OMGosh I am so happy when I thought about this last line for my mini. It says OUT OF GAS! Hehehehe parents...you know exactly what I am talkin about if you have taken your kids to an amusement part. This line was so PERFECT! TFL ya'll!

PS. I have another page that goes with this line but cannot share yet, cuz the MLS DT had another chance to work with Pencil Line and one of their amazing sketches. So I will post my take on the sketch when they post it on their blog. So keep a look out on their blog cuz another one of page will be featured there and another LO I have yet to share will also be featured at Scrapstreet online magazine in July for AAM DT! They are going to do a feature about our Challenge blog and DT's work. Wooo hooo I am excited about both of these opportunity! Ok anyway I should stop. Just wanted to share, dont get to do a toot too often! :)

1 comment:

Jona Panesa said...

wow this is a lovely mini album.