Monday, April 26, 2010

LOOKY......LOOKY! REVEAL and WEE TUTORIAL

Ok, so I am a little late posting this but I still wanted to share! Look HERE <====. Yay! You see my LO is the 3rd one featured in their blog. Weeee peeee! It was really nice to be able to participate. So many talented ladies! Thank you so much Kristine for asking me to join in your festivities. Great Sketch to work with too!

So here it is. I used everything from My Little Shoebox Imaginary Friends line to create a LO base on all the crazy pics I have of my daughter when she was a baby! LOVE it!


I'M A CHEATER!

There I said it! Here's a little tutorial to share with ya! And why I do it!

Did you see my original LO? I matted the white card stock with the pink polka dot PP (see pic above). Well I really don't like wasting paper no matter how much I have of it. And believe me MLS is generous with products. But I am also a recycler so I would never just take advantage ya know what I mean! So, here I am I will admit that I Michelle Magana CHEAT a LOT. A LOT A LOT! I try to always think of ways to stretch my papers or products.

So below you will see what I mean. I am sure there are people out there that will say...." Oh I do that too!" Great then you are already on the right path. But this one's for those that think they have to use their whole 12x12 PP to create that frame look that everyone likes.

You see! What I do is cut a big square in the middle of the LO where no one will ever know I have cut out a portion of it. About 1 to 2 inches away from all sides. You can see that the MLS PP are double sided so you can enjoy both sides. You can do this to all your fave PP that you don't have too many of, so that way you can stretch your dollars. The white card stock is strong enough to support your LO. It will not show up either since the CS is thick.


Now you have a perfectly good Pattern Paper to use for another LO as is or to cut apart using all those little cute monsters as details for your cards or LO. Hope you like this and give it a try once in a while. No point wasting a perfectly good 12x12 all at once. Now a days we can all afford to be creative and frugal at the same time!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Michelle...he he..i'm giggling....i've always thought about doing that but laziness has kept me from doing so!!! I will DEFINITELY have to start now!

Chloe said...

Thanks for the tip! I always think of that too .... normally when it's too late!! LOL. Love all your work here :-)